Saturday, April 9, 2011

Minecraft: Castle Fort Tour

Earlier, I showed you the framework of a castle.  In an attempt to tie up some lose ends, I've gone back and added a fair amount of detail.  It's no longer some ugly organized stack of cobblestone.


The details actually took a day to put together.  Filling up the moat, picking flowers and acquiring dye for the tapestries were the most time consuming tasks.  Getting the central parts of water to a level height required building temporary pillars to dump water springs around.  For the dye, I needed to spawn a new terrain block, since the current world was generated prior to the patch that included dye. I then set up a temporary base to dig for lapis ore.  Finally, those red flowers to place in the garden and colour the curtains actually required a little stroll. Did I mention I also needed to throw the colours on the sheep to beat the coloured wool out of them?


Another loose end finished up!

No comments:

Post a Comment