Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spore: Outsourcing May Be Necessary

Act 3 of the Diablo Spore project is underway.

Kurast Docks

This time around, I've been organized. I laid out the quest plan, recognized the actors and made notes on each.  The notes include what they kind of look like, what their scripts are and any other attribute I want to keep in mind. I actually started writing everything down, not to be organized, but to get my ideas down before I forgot them. I definitely forgot some ideas in the previous acts that came back to me after I completed the adventure.

Since the ideas are all laid out, I just have to build everything.  Putting all the pieces together on the planet is fun. The challenges include spacing, debugging (or deglitching in Spore's case), adjusting flow and other level design aspects. The other building part is creating all the actors (the buildings, creatures, items, etc.). This part is fun, but not as fun as the former creative aspect nor is it the aspect that I want practice. Unfortunately, the latter takes up much more time. Since I already have everything planned, it's painfully obvious how much actor building I have to grind through.

How do I find another's creation that embodie Hratli?
I could use other Spore creators' creations, but how do you find a suitable model for Hratli or Ormus' temple? I've been considering finding someone who might be interested in just pumping out the models, but I have my doubts anyone would be that interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment