Sunday, January 23, 2011

Minecraft: Castle Fort

While I was initially shooting for a castle,  space limitations constrained me to more of a fort.  I did my best to  keep the natural valley walls and build within it, opposed to completely levelling everything.  The castle still needs landscaping in the courtyard and various detailing.

North daytime shot.

South night shot.
In both the panoramic shots, you'll notice the lack of approach to the gate.  I plan on adding a moat on one side, a ramp on the other and gates to both.
Unlandscaped courtyard from wall.
In the courtyard, I'm planning on putting in a small pond, flowers, trees, pathways and a portal.

Partially built, walls up, but no towers.

Quick draft.
I did a really quick draft because drafting the temple helped me immensely.  Sadly, I tried to skip out on a front or side angle and wound up screwing up my draft a fair bit.  In the draft, the walls were only supposed to be three tiles thick with crenellations sticking out an extra tile on either side.  In the final castle, I accidently built the walls five tiles thick and an extra tile for the crenellations.  Being lazy didn't pay off this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment