Saturday, March 20, 2010

Counter-Strike Source: Old Maps

Bridge was my first CS:S map. I never brought it past the Beta phase after members of The Shire graciously tested it for me.



This is the initial sketch of de_bridge, which more or less matches the final map.



Underground was my second map where I experimented with the vertical aspect of CS:S. I also designed it to be night goggle reliant and learned that there is a good reason you don't see those kind of maps on public servers.



Finally, Dragon was an ambitious map that really just needed some solid testing and the details added in. Compared to the previous maps, this was definately the most playable. It includes an extravagant yard, a sewage system, secret prison dungeon, and lots of cat and mouse gameplay.



I also have the sketches for cs_dragon. They seem to perfectly match the actual layout of the map. After the previous two maps ending up with cramping issues, the scale of this one came out perfect the first time around.




While these maps are incomplete and could use many adjustments, I don't plan on returning to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment