Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reading List

One of the next projects I want to do revolves around evolution and ecosystems. While I already have a fair bit of inspiration from the BBC Nature Series and Steve Grand's 'Creation', I want to research more, just in case I've missed some vital information. So, I picked up three books on evolution; 'On the Origin of Species' (Charles Darwin), 'Evolution for Everyone' (David S. Wilson) and 'How to Build a Dinosaur' (J. Horner & J. Gorman).

I am about halfway through Evolution for Everyone. Wilson is fairly pompous, but the book has many great examples and ideas. Thus far, I'd reccommend it to anyone.

Once I finish Wilson's book as a friendly guide in to evolution, I plan to read 'On the Origin of Species' to better grasp the core mechanics and theory and then finish it off with 'How to Build a Dinosaur' which discusses the reversal of evolution.

Odd how I want to read so much now that I don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment