Thursday, September 16, 2010

Age of Empires II: Saracen AI

As mentioned in a previous blog, I have begun setting up a new AI for the AOKH AI Ladder. I decided to remove the Gothic AI as I had conflicting goals for it. On one hand, I wanted a competetive AI for the ladder, and on the other hand, I wanted it to be a relentless beast. Sadly, being a relentless beast interfered with the goals of being competetive. So a Saracen AI will be replacing the Gothic AI.

Fear my camel riders!

This Saracen AI will be focused exclusively on taking out enemy AIs on the standard tournament settings.  Getting a basic functioning Saracen AI was pretty straightforward, thanks to just smacking a bunch of modules together.  I did have to update a couple of them to handle Saracen specific things.  The big task now is to replace all these with a new 4-tier goal system I have in mind.  Hopefully the new goal system I implement will keep the AI more focused on it's strategy and less scattered.  For playing competetive matches, a tighter focus seems more appropriate.

I have a feeling it will be at least a month, probably more, until the Saracen AI is at a high enough standard to replace the Gothic AI.

No comments:

Post a Comment